Poor ventilation can lead to increased levels of moisture in the bottom unattended soil moisture at home, and other structural problems. A substrate is that the cavity between the floor and the lower floor of the building created. If this space is exposed to high humidity favors growth of fungi and possible attack by wood pests such as termites thrive in damp, moist areas.
a study of the properties of facades with organochlorine high air
concentrations termiticide in the Australian Journal of Public Health
October 1993 edition published a link, it was found that the most common
causes of these structural problems on the outside of the property are,
usually drainage of surface water and ceiling.
Ideally, all crawl spaces and subfloors should be considered potential problem of water and moisture.
Your bowels will remain dryer to create and maintain the following priorities:
- Channels: Reorientation of the house all the water from the roof and gutters. Do not allow water to drain from the ceiling, floors around the house foundation to saturate. Please note that your gutter system requires maintenance and periodic cleaning to ensure proper operation.
- Yard Drainage: slope of the ground around your home so that the water is diverted away from home.
- Branches of trees that overhang will make your roof and gutters
cleaning and care required and can contribute greatly to your drainage
- In new construction, the foundation has sealed off carefully. Also, install a quality home perimeter drainage system good. It is also recommended that you set in place for your gutters and downspouts drain system separately.
To prevent deterioration of building wooden floor is adequate ventilation should be given the entire surface of the substrate. The humidity will stop in the absence of moisture or unnecessary degradation of components from land tax. The
second volume of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) provides that the
minimum distance between the lowest part of your building and the
ground surface is not less than 150 mm. Also, if the distance of requests by the manufacturers of the materials to be used in the floor covering.
In addition, its subsoil remain dryer if the following precautions:
- Storage: Most basements or crawl space are too small, in fact, be a useful storage for use. Besides things and materials, there is often used to reduce the much needed air circulation contributes to the store. This could be an atmosphere for pest infestation is how to create rodents.
- Zone of the head crawl spaces tend to be larger to keep dry; that make it easier for the additional air circulation in addition to making repairs and maintenance.
Ventilation: While the benefits of your crawl space vent remains
controversial, most building codes call for some form of vents with
one study, whose results were published in the Journal of Civil and
Environmental Engineering in 1998 showed that the concentration in the
air depends largely on the wind speed in a given space. The study was looking at the effects of subsurface ventilation and protective measures against toxic fumes floor.